RF Engineer, Senior (4450) Santa Clara, California
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for Senior RF Engineer in our Santa Clara, CA office.
Designs at the circuit, module, and system level for radio applications.
- Simulation and modeling of designs using linear and non-linear analysis.
- Simulation and modeling using EM simulation along with linear and non-linear tools.
- Circuit designs for mixers, amplifiers, detectors, attenuators, and filters.
- Module designs for up converters, down converters, power amplifiers, and synthesizers.
- System designs for microwave radio platforms including mechanics, frequency planning, and standardization.
Demonstrated ability to progress designs from concept to volume production at a contract manufacturer.
- Ability to translate performance requirements to lower level sub-system specifications.
- Responsible for documentation required for contract manufacturing.
Completed designs at frequencies from 6 to 40 GHz using surface mount soft board techniques.
- Designs need to be suitable for contract manufacturing using DFM (Design for Manufacturing) techniques.
- Assembly process and design choices need to be carefully selected.
Experience with test measurements and equipment needed to validate design.
- The implementation of automated test processes using available test software is needed.
Experience with filter design using different techniques such as lumped element, ceramic, waveguide, and printed.
- An understanding of filtering systems for wireless systems including circulator combining.
Ability to work in a team environment with multiple groups and locations
Design of discrete Power Amplifier devices such as IMFETs.
- Design of discrete Power Amplifier devices such as IMFETs.
- TX power ranges from 10 W to 100 W from 6 to 12 GHz.
- Bias operation from Class A to Class AB
- IMFET design using discrete FETs and matching networks
- Simulation of Power Amplifier design using tools such as ADS to model source and load network
- Experience with both GaAa and GaN technology
- Envelope tracking bias techniques
- Demonstrated expertise with simulation tools such as ADS and HFSS.
- Modeling of device and components into system model.
- Experience with automation of test measurements using software such as HP-Vee.
- Ability to write and support software for the automation process.
- Experience - 5+ years. Familiarity with component, module, and radio systems.
- Education - BSEE, MSEE preferred.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply NOW to learn more!