Senior Energy Program Manager (1670) Madison, Wisconsin
We are currently seeking a Senior Program Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Midwest Energy division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
This person will be responsible for: Project Management
- Identify Facility Improvement Measures
- Manage Direct Energy Study budget, schedule and financial pro-forma
- Set audit objectives and maintain responsibility for goals and quality of audit
- Identify opportunities for guaranteed savings
- Orchestrate project development team to drive scope of work, energy savings and cost to incorporate into the proposal
- Assess and communicate project risk
- Finalize proposals that include scope of work and energy savings, and achieve project margin goals
- Manage complex projects and multiple clients at once
- Interact with the owner or owner"s representative on project development
- Form and lead project teams
- Coach and develop members of project team
- Mentor assigned project staff
- Manage cross functional teams
- Establish goals and objectives for individual team members
- Facilitate communication between project teams and other McKinstry departments
- Communicate with vendors, subcontractors and clients about technical areas of expertise
- Make presentations to a variety of audiences
- Act as technical subject matter expert
- Report on financial status of projects to stakeholders
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Knowledge of:
- Construction management, energy calculations, contract development and industry standard efficiency improvement measures
- Performance contracting
- Financing options and utility incentives
- Comfortable speaking in front of others
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred, knowledge of CRM a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture or Facilities Management or equivalent field of study required. Ten (10) years of experience may substitute for education.
- 5-10 years of engineering, construction, real estate and/or facility services project management experience required.
- CEM, PE, LEED, CPM professional designations are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.