Sr Account Executive (1371) Portland, Oregon
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join the team as a member of our growing Oregon Major Construction Division.
This person will be responsible to:
- Provide engineering and estimating services to potential customers/clients.
- Plan sale policies, goals, objectives and budgets with the Director of Business Development and Sales and other persons; and establishes procedures and priorities to implement and maintain approved plans.
- Coordinate and perform duties and responsibilities such as lead generation, customer services, making proposals and sales, and coordinating the start of a project.
- Negotiate contracts directly with GC"s and owners.
- Fully manage select projects; includes proper delegation of engineering, administration, coordination and purchasing; develop a labor plan, provide ETC"s, attend monthly project review meetings; develop a schedule of values and provide monthly billings.
- Turnover jobs to Operations.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Good leadership skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, calculators, telephones, copy and fax machines.
- Equivalent of four years college level training in business, engineering, construction, management, or business administration subjects. This should include seminars, technical and other training.
- Equivalent of ten plus years previous sales and mechanical engineering experience with a mechanical contractor or a related organization , with responsibilities for identifying leads and closing sales.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The McKinstry Group of Companies are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. We invite you to complete the optional self-identification fields within our application for compliance with government regulations and record-keeping guidelines.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job-related factors, after a application has been received and reviewed. Because of the large number of applications received, not everyone who applies for a vacant position will be interviewed.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon passing pre-employment background requirements.