Janitor (1234) Richmond, Canada
We are hiring for a Janitor/Handyman to join our Corporate Services department on a temporary, full-time basis. The shift is M-F, afternoon/evening shift.
The custodian is responsible for performing day to day custodial duties, minor maintenance, and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that the building and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner.
We will provide training, a great work environment, and reward you for your hard work.
• Monitoring safety and security of the building by performing tasks such as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Cleaning and maintaining the building by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming the floors and carpets.
• Cleaning and disinfecting the washrooms, toilet seats, hand dryers, and fixtures. • Changing toilet paper as needed and replenishing bathroom supplies.
• Emptying the garbage baskets and disposing garbage along with recyclable material in separate dumpsters. • Cleaning, dusting, and wiping furniture and equipment. • Cleaning all the building entrances including glass, doors, and hardware.
• Performing light maintenance such as replacing light bulbs and tightening loose screws and bolts. • Reporting damages and acts of vandalism.
• Cleaning kitchen sinks and counters. May be required to wash dishes and utensils. • Assist with the setup and cleanup of facilities for meetings, conferences, events, and training.
• Purchasing groceries and office supplies.
• Performing miscellaneous duties such as moving furniture and shoveling snow.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
• Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment.
• Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
• General knowledge of building mechanical systems.
• Familiarity and knowledge of WHIMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System). • Must be bondable with a clear criminal record.
• Must have a valid class 5 driver's license with a good driving record.
• Previous custodial experience is considered a plus.
COMPETENCY AND SKILL SET
• Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Great interpersonal, collaboration, and facilitation skills
• Great time management and prioritization skills
• Ability and willingness to learn quickly
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to our HR department at with the subject line "Janitor".
ZE PowerGroup Inc. (ZE) is a global leader in the development of data management, analysis, and business automation software. ZEMA is our enterprise-level suite of products. ZEMA enables users to capture, transform, manipulate, analyze, report and visualize data quickly and easily. We work with world-class companies in energy, commodities, and finance to serve users in trade, risk management and IT. Our head office is in Vancouver, BC, and we have operations in Houston, Raleigh, London, Singapore, and Madrid.
With a dynamic corporate culture and supportive management team, a career at ZE is what you make of it. Our environment is defined by the people that work in our company. We stress a balanced approach to work and healthy living. We have a games area as well as onsite Yoga. Our head office is located conveniently next to the Richmond Middle Arm waterfront trail, Olympic Oval, and Steve Nash Fitness club. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you.