Engineering Department Manager (1070) Richmond, Canada
We are looking for a department manager who has a passion for business and management. The department manager will be responsible to ensure that all projects needs are met adequately and efficiently. The position’s responsibilities will also include working closely with various departments and teams and managing and resolving issues that result from various project requirements. This position is suitable for an ambitious, self-directed, proactive professional who is capable to handle both technical and project support components required for the job.
- Coordinate, manage and direct projects, making detailed plans to ensure required scope of work is successfully delivered on schedule and within pre-defined budget.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various project.
- Review and approve the technical quality of all work performed within the department.
- Ensure coordination and communications are being effectively accomplished at all levels including management, associates, and client.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Review all department time sheets on a daily basis and approve them on a biweekly basis.
- Direct the development of and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Prepare and review all required documents for a project such as budgets, schedules, work plans, technical specifications, tender documents, bid evaluation, technical reports, and project calculation.
- APEGBC regist ration, eligibility for registration or equivalent experience
- PMP or equivalent certification
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in the electric utility or related engineering field
- A degree in Applied Science, Business, Commerce, or a related discipline
- Experience in a business analysis and management role
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), time/project management, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide technical direction to technical support staff
Please apply by clicking on the link below and filling out an online application. E-mail application will not be considered.
ZE Power Engineering is an innovative engineering design company that provides services that cater to the electric utility industry. We provide our clients with transmission, substation, distribution design, as well as project management and construction support. ZE Power Engineering has an exceptional group of engineers and consultants with extensive experience in a variety of specializations.
Our environment is defined by the people that work in the organization. We aim for long-term tenure and we reward our loyal employees. We work in a flexible environment where personal initiative and professional growth are greatly encouraged. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We would like to hear from you.