Senior Java Application Developer (1038) Richmond, Canada
If you are passionate about working with creative people in a stimulating environment at an innovative, expanding company; then we want to hear from you. We are ZE PowerGroup Inc. (ZE) and there are about 160 of us that make up the ZE team. And, we are looking for a Java Application Developer to help us with our successful and rapidly expanding operation.
ZE is a global leader in the development of enterprise data management and analysis software. We design and develop ZEMA, a sophisticated suite of products that provide clients with powerful capabilities for data collection, process automation and business intelligence through web based analytical tools, services and dashboards. As a Java Application Developer you will be responsible to ensure smooth and timely execution of information system projects and implementation of business processes and procedures.
We will provide thorough training, a great work environment, a unique corporate culture and reward you for your good work.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software products and applications
- Assess, test, trouble shoot, document, and upgrade applications
- Communicate releases, updates and enhancements to relevant departments
- Ensure that user requests for changes to ZEMA applications are logged
- Participate in projects and ZEMA application process reviews when required
- Test releases, updates and enhancements to existing applications
- Recommend improvements for ZEMA applications
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- A diploma or university degree in Computer Science or Technology
- Knowledge of Java (J2SE/J2ME/J2EE), Oracle, and SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience of business processes
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar role, or demonstrable fluency in Java development
- Software application and database experience (this a must-have)
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Experience with development and implementation of systematic test plans: scheduling, test deliverables, release criteria, risk and contingency, scenario development
COMPETENCY AND SKILL SET
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Great interpersonal, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-aware, confident, and have capacity for empathy
- Ability to communicate clearly and competently, in writing and verbally
- Ability to communicate with clients using non-technical language
- Great time management and prioritization skills
Please click on the link below and fill out an online application. E-mail applications will not be considered. Thank you!
ZE is a leading software and strategic consulting firm with over two decades of energy industry expertise. We are an aggressively growing company with expectation for a significant increase in personnel in 2013. We are not offering a job; we are offering a career with challenging work and opportunity to move forward. We insist on having fun and enjoying our day at work; we have a games room and squash court to create a fun yet highly motivating working environment.
Our environment is defined by the people that work in the organization. We aim for long-term tenure and we reward our loyal employees. We work in a flexible environment where personal initiative and professional growth are greatly encouraged.
ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We would like to hear from you.