Marketing Specialist (43685) Atlanta, Georgia
The Marketing Specialist is tasked with many aspects of organizing and implementing Cox Media's go-to-market and demand-generation strategies as defined by the Director of Marketing Communications. This position, primarily focused on external marketing is responsible for the day-to-day activities that support managing the company's suite of products and key marketing objectives as Cox Media strives to meet advertiser demands in a tiered service and multi-channel environment.
Provide support to the Director of Marketing Communications and foster company success in the ever changing advertising environment by:
SUPPORTING COX MEDIA'S GO-TO-MARKET STRATEGY:
1. Completing tasks assigned with Cox Media's "go to market" strategy that address the vision of lowering cost to serve, segmenting customers in a new way, adding channels to serve them, and reducing churn in all segments.
2. Creating and updating design elements, copy-writing, report templates and overall brand cohesiveness of sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages, campaign performance reports, and always ensures consistency of message.
3. Supporting implementation of Cox Media's ad solicitation strategy and campaigns at a corporate level, and takes initiative to find opportunities and recommend solutions, based results.
4. Collaborates with Shared Services to brainstorm and create with marketing materials, packages and related market information to build and execute on sales & marketing strategies.
5. Answers ad hoc questions and provides information to network affiliate representatives and Cox colleagues related to product positioning, digital media product capabilities, social media, client retention initiatives, lead and demand generation tactics, Cox Media business-to-business advertising strategy and the Cox Media brand.
6. Preparing graphics, one-sheets, metrics, charts and data analysis.
7. Creating, editing and publishing customer facing content for intranet, white papers and other collateral including Success Stories and Brain Shark videos.
8. Developing and maintain relationships with fulfillment, network partners, and sales teams, as appropriate, to execute network partnership marketing campaigns.
SUPPORTING COX MEDIA'S PRODUCT PORTFOLIO:
1. Assisting and coordinating product execution strategy and implementation as directed by the Director of Client Strategy and/or Product Portfolio Team.
2. Researching, gathering and analyzing data using various systems in order to provide key insights into managing Cox Media products as a portfolio.
3. Increasing depth of knowledge about all Cox Media products in order to become a true expert on the interworking of the product portfolio for company success.
SUPPORTING OTHER MARKETING & CLIENT SERVIES INITIATIVES:
1. Leading and participating in cross departmental projects that support Cox media goals.
2. Developing relationships with both corporate and field staff in order to act as a point person in routing questions and suggests for the Marketing team and keystakeholders.
3. Creating and maintaining various databases utilized by company management to better understand performance of Cox Media marketing campaigns and activities.
4. Creating reports, presentations and correspondence for both internal and external audiences.
5. Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
6. Assisting in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
1. 2+ years of experience required in marketing strategy and tactical execution
2. Able to demonstrate strong overall communication ability with an emphasis on written communication
3. Proficient use of MS-Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
4. Self-motivated and able to grasp new concepts quickly,comfortable and confident in an ambiguous environment
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred
2. Advertising Industry experience
3. Project management and B-2-B environment experience
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.