Senior Manager, Marketing Analysis and Reporting (44491) Atlanta, Georgia
We are looking for talented people to join our team who are incredibly passionate about data, who have a proven track record of transforming raw data into analytic insight, and who desire to make a difference by leveraging the right techniques to arrive at the right answers. The Senior Manager of Marketing Analysis and Reporting will strongly influence the business decisions of Cox Communications by supporting and helping to institutionalize a data-driven analysis culture.
The Senior Manager's primary role will be to deliver insight to key leadership and marketing stakeholders by developing viable solutions through data analysis, reporting, and advanced analytics techniques. The candidate will have a highly visible role with key leaders and will work closely with teams across the company including other Analytics team members, Marketing, Product, and Business Operations. This is a great opportunity to be part of an advanced analytics team that does leading-edge work as part of a great organization.
1. Develop, manage, and optimize key reports and business forecasts that support and inform existing and future marketing operations.
2. Respond effectively to requests for ad-hoc analyses. Translate business inquiries into actionable reports or dashboards to monitor KPIs, while highlighting areas of concern and/or opportunity.
3. Development of a more optimal reporting environment, so that standard recurring tasks can be done more quickly and efficiently and so that key users can more readily access key findings.
4. Prepare written analysis and present findings and recommendations to key marketing leaders. Communicate changes in business trends to c-level executives and provide guidance as to the overall impact.
5. Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations , and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to marketing and cross functional groups.
6. Collaborate with other team members to implement projects, complete tasks, and fulfill plans to ensure timely and efficient analysis, evaluation and reporting.
7. Communicate insights from analysis to multiple teams throughout organization.
8. Provide recommendations on all aspects of reporting.
9. Collaborate with Product Marketing, Pricing, Sales, and other Analytics teams to develop and execute analytic outputs.
10. Create and manage plans for accomplishing activities and deliverables.
11. Guide team in working with large data sets and analytical tools.
12. Develop creative and innovative analytical solutions for problem solving.
13. Reports to Executive Director, Advanced Analytics.
1. 7+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in advanced analytics, reporting and in working with high performance teams OR 5 years of experience with an advanced degree.
2. Extensive knowledge of statistics, data mining, and in drawing conclusions from data. Proven analytic skills to be able to draw key conclusions from customer behavior metrics.
3. Experience working with large data sets using structured query tools such as SQL. Outstanding proficiency in SQL coding and database design.
4. Extensive experience in reporting and using BI software such as Microstrategy, Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects, and/or Tableau. Ability to utilize the right tool for the task. The ideal candidate will have experience both as an analytical power-user and as a developer.
5. Familarity with SAS or other advanced analytics tools such as R, KXEN, or SPSS.
6. Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
7. A passion for problem solving, strong business acumen, and a comfort with ambiguity.
8. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
9. Self-starter, independently initiating and driving projects toward completion. Ability to both drive change, while also collaborating effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
10. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (ex Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or Engineering).
2. MBA or Masters degree.
3. Experience in the telecommunications industry or other subscription-based business.
4. Experience in marketing analytics, including the application of advanced analytic outputs such as modeling and segmentation is preferred.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.