Product Manager, Cox Media (44781) Atlanta, Georgia
As part of the Portfolio Management Team, the Product Manager is responsible for comprehensive lifecycle management of assigned advertising products within Cox Media's local advertising portfolio including but not limited to the design and maintenance of processes for driving revenue on existing products, rolling out product enhancements, launching new products, and evaluating and potentially decommissioning under-performing products.
NOTE: This position will have a significant focus on Online Advertising products and metrics, among other Digital Media products and our core product local commercial advertising on Cable TV networks.
1. Demonstrate subject matter expertise on assigned products by leading cross-departmental efforts that will drive the success of the Portfolio Management Team, including but not limited to the following:
a) Partnering with Sales team to identify strategies for increasing market share, product usage and growing revenue for all products.
b) Partnering with Cox Media markets to facilitate product launches and/or enhancements, ensure proper training, provide compelling sales/marketing collateral, and to gather both market and customer feedback.
c) Partnering with Client Strategy team within established feedback loops to ensure client needs and product offerings/benefits are aligned and properly positioned.
d) Partnering with Marketing Communications team to coordinate and disseminate internal and external product-related communications.
e) Partnering with Research to develop and continually enhance data-driven value propositions for assigned products.
f) Partnering with the Change Coordination Board, Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) and Operations teams to implement fulfillment and billing practices consistent with Solutions Selling philosophy.
g) Partnering with Internal Process team to ensure internal stakeholder needs are properly addressed and documented throughout the product lifecycle.
h) Partnering with Finance team to develop and maintain an operating plan and budget for assigned products and manage expenses within the budget, including vendor payments.
2. Work closely with field local sales, national rep firm, and inside sales channel (MSC) ensuring that each group has a fresh perspective of products, knows how products fit into suite or portfolio. Interface with local, national and MSC sales teams providing subject matter expertise on products where applicable.
3. Develop, evaluate, and maintain leading business relationships internally and externally with partners, peers, vendors to articulate our needs for products and services that help facilitate company goals.
4. Regularly conduct product analysis and other required analyses or presentations for the Portfolio Management and/or Marketing & Sales Services teams.
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e., B-to-B product/brand management, media/advertising sales management, etc.).
2. Strong ability to work across departmental boundaries to drive toward common goals.
3. Proven ability to develop detailed work plans and execute under pressure. Must be able to work independently and deliver measurable results.
4. Must be a team-player and thrive in an environment that promotes strong individual skills that are easily applied to goals of the team and company.
5. Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and sometime ambiguous environment, completed multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines and self-recognize and adapt to priorities that change often.
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong organizational, detail, problem-solving and follow-up skills. Exudes a professional image inside and outside the company.
8. Ability to build and maintain constructive partnerships with diverse group of internal and external work groups.
9. Shows commitment to self development by demonstrated desire to learn new ways of doing business, staying abreast of competitors/industry major initiatives.
10. Ability to influence people that don't report into the position.
11. Strategic analysis and planning experience.
12. Willingness to travel by car and/or air as needed.
13. PC skills required, including strong working knowledge of all MS products.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Marketing, Business, etc.).
2. Demonstrated experience with Digital Media advertising products required, with Online Advertising experience preferred.
3. 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred.
4. Visio and Project a plus.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.