Staff Reliability Engineer (41624) Atlanta, Georgia
Leadership position within Cox Corporate Engineering to help develop and implement the overall program relative to reliability in areas of network design, maintainability, life cycle costs and field performance.
1. Develop tools, techniques, measures and program that can be used to model/simulate reliability of designs prior to network deployment.
2. Analyze the results to highlight advantages/concerns with hardware, software and life cycle costs (including maintainability).
3. Incorporate recommendations of designs as part of the planning process to ensure the best overall solution is selected.
4. Follow-up on analysis to ensure trending is tracking to prediction.
5. Develop tools, methods, measures and program of tracking/improving field reliability and performance of network components.
6. Analyze information, providing opportunities for improvement.
7. Develop plans and implement improvement initiatives with internal partners and product suppliers that reduce overall outages and failures in the network (e.g. vendor/supplier quality programs).
8. Develop and implement programs centered on reducing overall life cycle cost (including optimized maintenance strategies and reduction of repair intervals).
9. Provide guidance and direction on service level agreements and ensure methods exist to measure compliance.
1. 8+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. HW Engineering, SW Engineering, Quality, etc.); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in reliability engineering tools and methods including:
a. Basic/advanced statistics (e.g. SPC, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, probability/PDF, MLE, discrete/continuous distributions such as Weibull/Poisson and DOE).
b. Reliability block diagrams (RBD) and reliability modeling techniques.
c. Reliability simulation techniques (e.g. Monte Carlo, Markov, etc.).
d. H/W and software reliability predictions (e.g. MTBF, FITS, failure rate, availability, software reliability engineering, etc.)
e. Warranty or spares analysis
f. Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA and FTA).
g. Corrective and prevent action programs.
3. Recognized for knowledge and expertise in one or more areas of reliability science and engineering. This includes contributions to external publications, author or co-author patents, periodic contributions to the technical community body of knowledge, etc.
4. Demonstrated expertise in reliability through active participation in industry events or as a representative on an industry-wide committee.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. EE, MIS, CIS etc.).
2. Telecommunications or data or network experience in an engineering role is highly desired.
3. Six Sigma green belt / black belt a plus.
4. Demonstrated project management skills.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.