Sales Compensation Manager (43729) Atlanta, Georgia
Provides variable pay and compensation related operational, analytical, and support services. The Sales Compensation Manager will report to the Director of Sales Compensation & analytics and be responsible to ensure that sales compensation plans & programs align with the strategic goals of the company and manage a team of commission analysts to ensure plan effectiveness. This role includes responsibility for, but not limited to: compensation plan design & modeling, plan effectiveness analysis, monthly commission reporting, plan & policy documentation, and ad-hoc project management.
1. Responsible for all aspects of sales compensation plan design, including plan modeling & analysis, commission pay policy formulation, and documentation of plans, policies & appropriate communication/training decks. Lead multi-functional commission plan design projects from start to finish.
2. Will manage a team of analysts who will provide monthly executive level commission reporting & analysis as well as overall effectiveness analysis and regular assessments of commission plans and sales compensation policies.
3. Partners with and establishes credibility & influence with multiple sales leader and functions, such as sales operations, marketing, finance, & HR. Partners with diverse groups to earn buy-in.
4. Manage change process through the documentation of program plans, policies, & guidelines.
5. Lead cross-functional teams on ad hoc compensation related-projects and initiatives.
6. Participates in the delivery of training information and/or tutorials on commission plans/sales compensation strategies. Promotes awareness of the compensation plan and current trends in effective compensation/performance management.
7. Works with the Commission Operations Team and HR to develop and administer any related tools, training and strategies that help further the implementation of sales compensation strategies within the enterprise.
8. Assists in the implementation of all other local and corporate compensation strategies/initiatives.
1. 8+ years of experience required in compensation plan design, modeling & effectiveness analysis in a sales operations or human resources environment, with some finance experience; 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Ability to grow within a role and a demonstrated history of increased responsibility over time, including experience in a leadership role.
3. Fully competent and productive professional contributor with a demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and time constraints.
4. Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing, interpreting, identifying problems and possible solutions; takes appropriate action to resolve more complex, less clearly defined issues.
5. Excellent communication and analytical skills; able to conceptualize data as it relates to compensation, goal attainment, and achieving results; ability to interpret business objectives and successfully incorporate those into sales compensation terms.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired.
2. Sales Comp Certification (CCP, CSCP, etc).
3. Oracle systems or similar comp related application experience.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.