Product Owner Summary:
Signature Consultants has an opportunity for a Product Owner, Our client is seeking a Product Owner (PO) who will be responsible for understanding and executing the strategic direction of a digital product for the world's leading travel companies. The PO will lead the Agile development team through the product definition process which includes the technical scope, estimation, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint execution steps. The PO will also be responsible for translating and communicating the strategic direction into various document types, including executive presentations, mind maps, and paper prototypes. This is a multi-faceted role and one must have the ability to easily move between product vision and strategy, managing the product roadmap, working closely with the development team on development and deployment of product releases and support activities. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record that includes experience identifying, advocating, and delivering innovative technology solutions for complex business problems within a legacy environment.
- Responsible for understanding and executing the digital strategic direction of a product line as outlined by a Sr. Manager or Director, Product, through the creation of digital product specifications and product definition, including feature requirements, user stories, and/or other critical deliverables
- Clearly defines and prioritizes the feature requirements and acceptance criteria into an agile backlog; managing the requirements throughout the agile development lifecycle
- Acts as an ambassador for the product within the team, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Assesses value and prioritizes stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Makes timely decisions about scope and features to help the team deliver a successful product
- Attends daily scrums with development team to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
- Provides frequent communication to the product leadership on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- Collaborates with other teams to ensure a seamless experience across all touch points
- Owns production support issues including research to eliminate bugs. Prioritizes bugs within the backlog and crushes high priority bugs within service level agreement timelines
- 5 - 0 years of professional relevant experience within software development environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or quantitative field or equivalent
- Product experience at an airline or travel industry provider a plus
- MBA/MS a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with common product management tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc. and hands-on experience writing user stories
- Natural excitement for building products and working collaboratively with teams
- Previous experience with Agile software development methodology – experience as Scrum Product Owner desired
- Experience with technical, user, and business issues in a fast-moving digital organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to share complex subjects to developers as well as executive management and all audiences in between
- Experience designing digital experience for iOS and Android apps highly desired
- Experience managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, from prioritizing requests to collaboration with product development team
- Proven record of delivering complex technology products and solutions to market, achieving their planned value and goals
- Proven experience with product vision and strategy, as well as managing the product roadmap
- Prior experience working with development team on development and deployment of product releases
- Innovative thinking of products and services with a vibrant and energetic personality, and a passion to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Enthusiastic advocate with a passion for delighting internal and external customers
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients’ technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.
To apply for this job, please complete the following 6 fields and we will immediately follow-up (* = required).
Signature Consultants is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities according to state and federal disability discrimination laws. If, because of a disability, you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com or call 888-838-1020. Signature Consultants will partner with you in good faith to identify and implement a reasonable accommodation, if any, that is appropriate and consistent with its legal obligations.
Signature Consultants is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
EEO is the law: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf