Admin Assistant I (9640) San Diego, California
Licensing Assistant (part-time)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support the Corporate Development Department through various tasks and activities such as filing documents, preparing letters and sending out documents, maintaining our database, coding royalties in our system, and possibly negotiating contract amendments. This individual will perform a variety of other duties as required to support the department and organization.
- Associate Degree, or current enrollment for Bachelor’s Degree; Finance background is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex legal documents.
- High level of discretion for confidential work and information
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; self-motivated.
- Ability to contribute to, support, and effectively work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment; excellent skills in prioritization and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume and work out formulas in Excel. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Oracle ERP experience is a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Detail oriented; well-organized. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly Excel) and Oracle ERP. Highly motivated and dedicated individual.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; and reach with hands and arms.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Our History of Expertise & Quality Focus
eBioscience, Inc. was founded in June 1999 in the San Diego Golden Triangle, an area rich with emerging technology companies and close to the University of California San Diego campus as well as Scripps Institute. A collaborative environment that encourages employee development, the company offers a dynamic work environment in which people can learn and grow with the business.
A rapidly growing, fast-paced biotech company, eBioscience provides innovative high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery in the areas of immunology, cell biology, stem cell biology and oncology. Product line applications include reagents for multicolor flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, functional assays, ELISA, and western blot. The organization is committed to developing and producing a large selection of innovative and commonly used reagents at high quality and great prices. Unique opportunities for talented and motivated individuals are available at increasingly rapid rates.
In 2009, eBioscience expanded our product offering to include the Diagnostics market and established regional headquarters in Europe with the acquisitions of a distribution company in Frankfurt, Germany and Bender MedSystems, GmbH (BMS), a manufacturing organization in Vienna, Austria.
An organization that values people, creativity and learning, eBioscience strives to achieve excellence while creating a challenging and fun work environment.