Sales Development Rep - Small Law (LEX007I8) Miamisburg, Ohio
This position is responsible for qualifying leads and securing qualified appointments and opportunities within the Legal Research market to generate new revenue within LexisNexis. While performing the SDR role, incumbents will receive training to prepare them for the next step in the sales career path as a Telephonic Account Executive. SDRs are expected to complete the required SDR training within 3-6 months. If the SDR is meeting performance expectations and successfully completes the required training, he/she will be considered for the Telephonic Account Executive role.
1. Conduct a high volume of outbound telephone calls to prospective customers to identify decision makers and opportunities with the goal of setting an appointment for a field or telephonic sales representative.
2. Work campaigns consisting of pre-qualified calls or cold calls and securing appointments for our sales reps.
3. Research and qualify new business opportunities in accordance with approved sales management guidelines.
4. Learn and understand the value proposition of LexisNexis solutions and products and effectively communicate this understanding to prospective customers.
5. Ensure client and prospect satisfaction by determining needs and transferring calls to the appropriate party for resolution.
6. Update client and prospect information in our CRM systems
7. Build profiles of prospective clients using publicly available information.
8. Manage sensitive customer and prospect information.
9. Field inbound calls from prospective customers generated from targeted marketing programs.
10. Track, qualify and route leads sent from all sources including but not limited to direct mail campaigns, inbound and outbound calling, marketing, new sales group, special events, trade shows and company web sites.
11. Successfully complete the SDR training program.
12. Meet all sales and performance objectives including POS, daily phone time, dials per day, etc.
13. Other duties as assigned
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
1. Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience; business or marketing major preferred
2. 1-2 years in a professional environment, preferably with direct sales experience.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong detail orientation with the ability to follow defined processes
5. Strong time management skills.
6. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.)
7. Experience with CRM systems is a plus.
8. Ability to work effectively with and assist others in a team environment.
9. Ability to quickly and expertly navigate the worldwide web, including utilization of appropriate search techniques.
10. Proven investigation or probing skills to uncover sales opportunities.
11. Experience working in a highly complex matrixed corporate environment is preferred