Oracle Database & Reports Developer (195) San Francisco, California
Blackstone Technology Group is hiring an Oracle Database & Reports Developer for our Trellis product development group. This person will work directly with the data architects, business analysts, project managers and other developers to build a suite of comprehensive Business Intelligence and out-of-the box reporting for Trellis. Your in-depth experience with PL/SQL development will be crucial to developing complex queries in support of our analytical, transactional and periodic reporting needs. Your efforts will support both in-house product development as well as customer implementation projects. As a member of a high performing team, you will be integral to our product’s and client’s success. There are tremendous opportunities for career growth and advancements within the Trellis program.
What is Trellis™ (Blackstone’s Pipeline Management Product)?
To help energy providers drive pipeline operational efficiencies, Blackstone developed Trellis™, a web-based, customizable, and single-platform Natural Gas transaction management software. Trellis provides a comprehensive solution that allows Utilities, LDCs, Storage and Hub Operators, Gatherers, and Pipeline Companies to optimize the way they conduct business. Check http://trellis.bstonetech.com for more information.
- Learn the Trellis software and gain understanding across all subject areas
- Learn the data model and take ownership of Reporting needs across all modules of the system for both internal and external customers
- Collaborate with experts to understand and document reporting requirements
- Create technical design specifications based on requirements
- Collaborate with experts to understand business process and requirements and to be able to convert into technical design and to be able to code using various technologies
- Develop, Enhance, Customize, Support, and Maintain code as per design and coding standards
- Develop, update, and maintain unit test cases, scenarios, and data
- Read and understand the various Reporting requirements as per standards defined by FERC and NAESB
- Present innovative ideas for product improvements based on business understanding
- Relational database experience (Oracle * min v10; Oracle v11) is a must
- Strong in coding Oracle PL/SQL and Reports (Operational and Business Intelligence)
- Knowledge with Unix shell scripting
- Working experience in data mapping and data loader activity
- Be able to perform SQL tuning of queries and optimize reports and data retrieval response times
- Strong in debugging and looking at existing code for modifications
- Be able to come up with technical design based on business requirements
- Design, develop and Maintain tools and scripts to help Unit testing, development and QA to generate data or generate reports
- Experience with Jasper Reports Server and iReport Designer
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools and technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex tasks.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
- Minimum 5 years experience in Oracle PL/SQL coding
- Minimum 5 years experience in BI Reporting tools and technologies
- Recent development experience. Experience with a software product company a strong plus
- Occasionally, must be willing to travel to customer site up to 15%
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Database Schema Design and Data Modeling skills will be a plus
- Any experience with Java development is a definite plus
- Oracle DBA skills and System Admin skills are a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas industry will be a major plus
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. EOE/M/F/D/V
No phone calls or agencies please.
Blackstone Technology Group (www.bstonetech.com) is a 275+ person, privately-held, global IT and business consulting firm founded in 1998. Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Sacramento, Denver, Houston, and Washington DC, our mission is to implement innovative IT and business process solutions that help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.