Market Intelligence Coordinator (1927) Ottawa, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Market Intelligence Coordinator to join our Ottawa office. The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking various forms of market intelligence and market activity in order to assist with presentations and pitches.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Gather market activity by observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources and enter it into existing database and/or relevant projects.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly market reports (Office and/or Industrial).
- Assist in the compilation and verification of quarterly industrial and office statistics.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends through report reading and current events and enhance/update current projects with this information.
- Actively participate in sales meetings with sales teams.
- Attend industry events in order to network and build relationships within the industry.
- Other duties as required.
- BA/BS or equivalent required. Real Estate or Urban Land post-secondary studies are an asset.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of work experience in a business or office environment required. Experience in residential or commercial real estate is an asset.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, and especially strong skills in Excel.
- Excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capability to find answers to even the most complex problems; ability to think critically to question assumptions to get to the root of issues so our research is focused and our analysis is accurate.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment, while maintaining the ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail. High level of attention to detail is essential.
- Demonstrate high level of passion and energy when taking on projects; must be driven.
- Ability to think outside of the box and draw ideas and conclusions from collected data.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.