Leasing Coordinator (1585) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Leasing Coordinator to join our Downtown Toronto office for a one year contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Leasing Manager and the Senior Vice President, CorporateSolutions, Brokeragewith day-to-day transactional processes for two major accounts: one being a national portfolio consisting of 8 million square feet of office, industrial and retail properties and the other being a corporate mandate requiring the disposition of space. The Leasing Coordinator will ensure the timely and effective delivery of transaction approval processes and reporting requirements as outlined by the client and corporate objectives.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Leasing Manager and provide assistance to leasing teams.
- Coordinate with agents to structure, document and present transactions.
- Review and analyze offers to lease and provide written recommendation.
- Order consumer credit reports.
- Create waivers and amendments.
- Liaise with Legal.
- Track process Lease Management.
- Procure information from leasing teams, Real Estate Management Services, Lease Services, Corporate Solutions, Accounting and other internal departments to facilitate Client objectives.
- Collect reporting information from leasing team and other sources on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis (financial and non-financial) as required per account..
- Prepare report templates and formats as required in Excel and Word formats.
- Compile reports by property, region and Client as required.
- Participate in annual budget process and monthly reforecasting.
Develop, deploy and ensure compliance with standards and processes
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are used to initiate, plan and execute leasing transactions.
- Initiate and manage tools and templates for leasing process. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure buy-in to the development of the processes and standards that meet the Client needs.
- Three or more years of commercial real estate transaction experience, real estate license is considered an asset.
- Yardi experience would be an asset
- Understanding and working knowledge of real estate documentation including; offers to lease for office, industrial and retail, leases for office, industrial and retail properties, and MLS listing documentation.
- Some understanding of financial analysis and the concepts of cash flow and present value.
- Strong customer service skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have computer proficiency in Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated aptitude learning new systems.
- Exhibits high level of initiative, self-starter and strong work ethic with ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated accuracy inputting data, high attention to detail.
- Ability to complete, prioritize and handle multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines.
- Exhibits high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.