Research Coordinator (2086) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Research Coordinator to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively assisting the Valuation & Advisory Services team with day-to-day information requests.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct a variety of information searches (lease and sale comparables, zoning restrictions, etc.) utilizing internal and external resources.
- Information collection and verification and entry into the Report Builder database.
- Assist market analysts in complex research projects (e.g. market reports).
- Track market activity by exploiting internal and external resources.
- Allow time for quality control to ensure that Valuation & Advisory Services staff accurately report and analyze market conditions and adhere to corporate standards.
- Prepare quarterly national, provincial and local economic overviews, and neighborhoods overviews, to be used in appraisals.
- Understand the components of an appraisal report, and where the research fits in.
- Participate in the Valuation & Advisory Services team meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience in a business or office environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint) and especially strong skills in Excel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply operations such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent writing, analytical and verbal presentation skills.
- Capable of creating a structured workflow in an unstructured environment utilizing a creative and solution-oriented approach to tasks.
- Responsible, resourceful, thorough, patient with attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure, able to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Committed to ongoing learning.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.