Property Administrator (2035) Edmonton, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Property Administrator to join our Edmonton office. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with and providing support and coordination to the Regional Manager and Senior Property Manager in order to assist in the overall management of the Real Estate Portfolio.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in monthly accounts receivable analysis, as directed by the Senior Property Manager.
- Review A/R regularly with Senior Property Manager and follow up with tenants to ensure timely payment. Coordinate with other A/R team members and determine action required to collect delinquent accounts.
- Prepare correspondence, notices and other documents for Regional Manager and Senior Property Manager. Prepare and distribute tenant letters (e.g., rent collection) and record meeting minutes, as required.
- Respond to general day-to-day enquiries and concerns from tenants, verbally or in writing, and redirect specific enquiries, problems or complaints as required. Issue welcome packages to new tenants.
- Maintain filing systems for contracts, insurance certificates, tenant information and other documentation.
- Act as contact person with the service provider for tracking tenant insurance certificates.
- Coding of invoices on an ongoing basis so that invoices are processed by the 20th of each month for payment.
- Assist as required with the preparation of the annual budgets and delivery to clients. In conjunction with the property accountant, prepare and send pre bills to tenants.
- Coordinating, typing and compiling monthly client reports as required. Maintaining confidentiality of material is critical.
- Assist property manager with obtaining supplier and contractor quotations; tracking contract renewal dates; handling all non-Service Centre calls from tenants, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Set up Vendor accounts as directed by the Regional Manager and/or Senior Property Manager, ensuring their membership in ComplyWorks where required.
- Coordinate and manage utility meters for portfolio.
- Assist CMS staff (building operations personnel) in preparing memos, notices and other communication for the Senior Property Manager’s approval.
- Assist and support with special projects as required.
- Minimum of 5 years full cycle experience in a Property Management company required, with office experience preferred.
- Real Estate License is required.
- Strong accounting skills and a thorough understanding of CAM recoveries and tenant pre-bills.
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel, proficiency in Yardi.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills. The ability to communicate at all team levels.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with multiple deadlines, effectively handle stressful situations and deal intuitively with situations.
- Work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Able to effectively multi-task and be able to recognize and address important and time-sensitive tasks and matters.
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.