Director, Marketing & Market Intelligence (2257) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking fora Director of Marketing & Market Intelligence to join our Downtown Toronto Office. Operating in partnership with senior management, brokers, and team members, the Director, Marketing & Market Intelligence contributes to Colliers’ success through developing key marketing strategies, programs and project opportunities. This role will provide oversight in the areas of marketing, communications, proposal development, and market intelligence within the Eastern Canada Brokerage.
This role is integral to the strategic positioning of the company as a knowledge and service leader by developing and implementing key marketing initiatives. Success will be measured by new business development, increased market share, and strong internal and external client relationships.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Business Development and Market Share Expansion
- Key strategist behind development and execution of innovative and effective marketing programs, plans and collateral to build team and specialists’ market identities.
- Working with brokers and Managing Directors, develops strategy and tactics in response to opportunities in the market place.
- Leads the development of regional advertising campaigns and other media opportunities.
- Develops a strong understanding of Client rankings and Net Promoter Score (NPS) and works with the division on strategies to improve NPS.
Client and Broker Marketing Strategies
- Contributes as part of a team-based approach to the servicing of client needs. This includes strategizing with the Managing Director and brokers on the preparation of presentations, proposals, marketing campaign support and major client entertainment events.
- Directs the proposal work flow and editing process in the division; ensures consistency in process and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Develops key competitive advantages in the marketplace by leveraging and developing innovative, fresh, and effective marketing strategies.
- Develops clear social media and social networking strategies.
- Facilitates and fosters strong working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Develops an effective and innovative marketing toolkit.
- Develops and delivers marketing professional training and development presentations for Colliers Marketing, Brokerage and Administrative professionals.
- Provides mentorship to the Marketing and Market Intelligence teams, building and maintaining a culture of growth, development, loyalty and engagement.
- In collaboration with the VP of Operations, is responsible for the development of and management of the departmental budget and resource allocation
- Provides high-level oversight to regional corporate giving campaign.
- Assists all professionals with the key messaging in the development of speeches and presentations.
- Provides oversight and guidance in the delivery of best in class market intelligence, ensuring timely delivery of product to agents and media/industry.
- Oversees the internal communications strategy and leads the enhancement of internal communications platforms.
- Ensures Colliers’ brand guidelines and standards are adhered to.
- Champions the importance and value of a robust, meaningful brand.
- Provides guidance and feedback for national brand development.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in the design of marketing strategies, programs, and policies that align with overall business strategy.
- 5-7 years of people management and leadership experience, including coaching, training, and mentoring team members.
- A proven track record of working closely with senior leadership in a highly visible marketing role.
- Creatively minded; has the ability to look at leading indicators to identify ideal marketing initiatives.
- Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills with an emphasis on business writing and an understanding and knowledge of Canadian Press style/writing guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Experience in the Commercial real estate sector or a related industry is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field; an advanced degree would be an asset.
- Strong relationship builder, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.