Administrative Assistant (1669) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the administrative functions and requirements for two General Managers in the Metro Vancouver region.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate staff on-boarding and payroll set up forms and distribution
- Generating vendor abstracts and assist Service Technicians with assessing/enrolling vendor compliance.
- Local collection and review of Service Technician drivers’ abstracts and vehicle insurance documents.
- Coordinate local OH&S field training, hearing tests, immunization programs.
- Local administrative coordination, documentation, minute taking and tracking of team meetings.
- Manage and coordinate Service Technician enrolment in preferred vendor partnership programs.
- HR administrative new hire process, distribution, orientation and onboarding and handling of confidential payroll information.
- Travel and Accommodation booking and arrangements.
- Expense Wire support.
- Preparing equipment abstracts for generation of fixed price quotes and service proposals.
- Project pipeline administration, follow-up and tracking.
- A minimum of 1-3 years related experience in a business or office environment.
- Previous experience in the real estate industry an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required. Experience with Yardi & IMPAK desirable.
- Ability to type with a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and math skills.
- General understanding of legal contracts, real estate terminology and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to draft, edit and format professional business correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively and pleasantly with stressful situations; excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to deliver customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Real Estate Property Management license desirable; RPA or equivalent designation an asset.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.