Vendor Compliance Manager (2068) Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for Vendor Compliance Manager to join one of our Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for to lead and be accountable for all aspects of vendor compliance across Real Estate Management Services (REMS) business lines in Canada and the United States. This role will manage vendors in accordance with Colliers REMS policy and requirements for mitigating risk associated with the performance and delivery of services at Colliers REMS managed properties. The Manager Vendor Compliance will be responsible for the expansion and roll out of Colliers vendor compliance database in the US region. This position will also assist in the development of Colliers Preferred Partner Program and supporting property managers with vendor relations.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Overseeing supplier management programs to ensure qualified vendors are selected, maintained and contractually compliant.
- Work with key stakeholders including VP Client Accounting, Accounts Payables group, and Property Management support staff to develop, communicate and train on processes that affect all users.
- The ongoing management and review of vendor management and sourcing policies and practices as required with a focus of continuous improvement for this function.
- Development of new strategic sourcing processes and practices including development of Colliers’ Preferred Partner Program.
- Establishing and expanding current relationships in the real estate industry to benefit Colliers and assist with its vendor management and sourcing goals.
- Continuous improvement of existing vendor contract management processes.
- Spend Analytics - Leading the development of applicable metrics to enable ongoing measurement and improvement of processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifying efficiencies and sourcing opportunities to contribute to savings targets while meeting the needs of internal business partners and clients.
- Lead development of master specifications and service level requirements with emphasis on: Security, Janitorial, Elevator, Landscape, Waste Removal, Pest Control, Snow Removal and Window Cleaning
- Developing scope which aligns with sustainable procurement practices.
- Support bulk energy purchasing program for Colliers Portfolio.
- University Degree and/or Certificate in Purchasing Management.
- 8 - 10 years of progressive experience in procurement/purchasing, contract management, supply chain management, management consulting and internal process control reviews and risk assessments.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in the property management industry.
- Experience with YARDI and ComplyWorks systems would be ideal.
- Bilingual in French and English written and verbal communications is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement functions including sourcing strategies, contract negotiations, and contract management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including interpersonal relationship building, team facilitation, coaching and mentoring.
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities under pressure.
- Ability to manage complex transactions involving suppliers, customers and all levels of management.
- Experience in developing strategies and managing complex, and cross-functional procurement projects.
- Knowledge of procurement process, systems, and related e-tools.
- Excellent project management, presentation, research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong and proven business/financial acumen.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Previous people management/supervision experience required and proven ability to support engagement in team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) required.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.