Commission Payroll Accountant (1829) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Commission Payroll Accountant to join our Vancouver office for a one year contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to processing sales commission payroll. The main scope of responsibility is Canadian brokerage, but this position will include backup for the US brokerage. Maintaining professional relationships with the administrative managers and brokers located in the branch offices is critical to success in this position. This position is also responsible for reviewing and recording revenue transactions for the brokerage operations generated by the Deal Tracking System.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of journal entries to record brokerage cash closings.
- Reconciliation of deposits to supporting documentation.
- Provide support to the branch offices on the use of the Deal Tracking System as it relates to recording revenue and calculating commission.
- Assist with the internal audit of revenue recognition.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Month end journal entries requiring both calculations and professional judgment.
- Review and reporting of outstanding broker receivables including evaluation of bad debt provisions on terminated employees.
- Reporting to management on broker production.
- 1-3 years accounting experience.
- Formal accounting training is preferred.
- Great Plains knowledge would be an asset.
- Experience with commission based compensation is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to form professional, supportive relationships including strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong detail orientation along with problem solving skills and the ability to function efficiently in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Intermediate skills and experience in MS Office.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.