Property Administrator (1674) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Property Administrator to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing proactive and efficient administrative and analytical support to the Property Management Group. This position will provide support for up to two Property Managers, but in most cases one Property Manager and will coordinate receipt and disbursement of property management report and process invoices for approval and payment. The Property Administrator will also coordinate documentation for lease administration, maintain and track property management files and records (hard copy and electronic), and coordinate insurance tracking.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate, draft and compile monthly client reports. Ensure reports are forwarded to clients and / or client contacts in accordance with the management agreement terms each month. Maintaining confidentiality of material is critical.
- Assist with the preparation of annual project budgets and business plans.
- Assist Property Manager in managing all aspects of tenant improvements, including initiation of paperwork processing for contracts and invoices, requesting and analyzing bids.
- Organize, regularly maintain and archive property portfolio files (hard copy and electronic); administer and update database information including contractor, client and tenant lists; maintain and update building list directories (Yardi & IMPAK).
- Schedule and complete annual audit of tenant insurance certificates and Emergency Contact Information.
- Attend regular AR meetings with PM and Revenue Accountant (RA) to update tenant account status.
- Assist PM with tenant demand letters.
- Consistently maintain property emergency books with current information, including vendor emergency list, tenant emergency list, employee emergency call down list, and emergency procedures (Yardi & IMPAK).
- Track and issue building parking assignments, passes and access cards, fobs, etc.
- Assist with vendor set up in Yardi, requesting proper documentation, confirming in ComplyWorks, tracking to completion with Accounts Payable. Set up charge accounts with vendors, ensure credit applications are completed correctly and approved by appropriate parties, and assist with vendor contracts.
- First point of contact in vendor relationship process – set up & account inquiries.
- Code property invoices for Accounts Payable. Setting up recurring vendor payments.
- Assist Property Managers with obtaining supplier and contractor quotes; track contract renewal dates; handle all non-Service Centre calls from tenants, suppliers, and contractors.
- Assist with reception coverage when scheduled and when requested.
- Coordinate with vendors to address tenant issues.
- Work co-operatively with other REMS services such as maintenance, accounting, and lease administration, as well as other Colliers service lines (such as brokerage and CIRA) and other REMS and/or Colliers International offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1-3 years related experience in a business or office environment. Previous experience in the real estate industry an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required. Experience with Lotus Notes and Yardi an asset.
- Ability to type 70 WPM with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and math skills.
- General understanding of legal contracts, real estate terminology and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to draft, edit and format professional business correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively and pleasantly with stressful situations; excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to deliver customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Real estate property management license desirable.
- RPA or equivalent designation desirable.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.