Financial Analyst (1454) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional analytical support to Sales Agents and their clients. The Financial Analyst will work primarily in the areas of valuation, financial analysis, and in the preparation of relevant presentation material for pitches and proposals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Researches and develops assumptions required for the development of values such as market growth rates, rents, construction costs, lease rates.
- Develops opinions and recommendations on potential development opportunities through analysis of various inputs that affect overall value and liquidity of assets.
- May liaise with municipalities to confirm land use designations, development service charges, and existing services.
- Identifies factors that may materially affect value and liquidity of an asset.
- Manages the development of white papers and/or business cases, supported by detailed financial modeling scenarios.
- Performs financial and cost analyses (e.g. cash-flow analysis, lease analysis, IRR calculations) and prepares related reports.
- Conducts scenario analysis (e.g. lease restructuring – buy-outs, renewal vs. relocation scenarios).
- Analyzes property values relative to market conditions and recent sales data.
Proposals and Pitches
- Plays a key role in response to RFIs and RFPs; supplies relevant data and financial analysis in support of proposal development.
- Involved in developing strategy for pitches from a finance perspective; may be involved in presenting pitches to existing and potential clients.
- A post-secondary degree in finance or related field.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in financial analysis and real estate.
- Real estate license is preferred.
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate Sector or a related industry is preferred.
- CFA designation is considered a strong asset.
- Must be detail-oriented; possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Is able to develop custom financial models. Experience conducting research through MLS, MPAC, RealNet, and/or the Internet is considered an asset.
- Exceptional analytical skills; strong ability to think through a range of possibilities and scenarios.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills; is comfortable interacting with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High level of energy and initiative.
- A quick learner – is able to learn about the company (people and departments) quickly and accurately.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.