Property Administrator (2183) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Property Administrator to join our Mississauga office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Property Manager and assisting in the overall management of the Mississauga Executive Centre.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Perform general administrative duties, which include maintaining filing systems, answering incoming calls, ordering supplies, and distributing incoming mail to the office staff.
- Respond to general day-to-day inquiries from tenants, service providers and contractors, and redirect specific issues to the appropriate staff member for action and resolution.
- Track and distribute lease documents, create new tenant files, update tenant contact list and prepare welcome packages to new tenants.
- Prepare tenant notices and general correspondence for Property Managers. Assist the operations department with drafting notices and other correspondence for the Property Manager’s approval.
- Assist the Property Manager with obtaining supplier and contractor quotations, preparing monthly client reports, tracking contract renewal dates, and obtaining updated insurance certificates.
- Prepare and track purchase orders.
- Maintain the regional database.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, and prepare meeting minutes for distribution.
- Code invoices and prepare expenses reports for the office staff.
- In conjunction with the Property Accountants, assist in monthly accounts receivable analysis, including monitoring rental arrears, preparing notifications, demand and default notices, and following-up with tenants to ensure timely payment of the monthly rent, as directed by the Property Manager.
- Track Facility Services staff work hours on a monthly basis, check the accuracy of the payroll charge backs from head office. Make any necessary corrections and provide back-up for any discrepancies.
- Record all metered utility usage on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience in customer service or administration.
- Previous work experience in real estate or property management would be an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Yardi.
- Basic knowledge of accounting an asset.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.