Accounting Manager (1925) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering quality financial reports to clients (internal & external) in a timely manner. Reporting directly to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will direct and manage the activities of a team of Accountants. The individual will organize and implement processes of the day- to- day accounting functions within their control.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate and assist in developing quality control measures, including any tools that will be used to ensure a consistent product across clients.
- Organize and implement the communication of all new initiatives.
- Implementation of new modules in Yardi; this includes testing and providing supplemental training in any new modules.
- Track progress of month end, recoveries and budgets to ensure accounting is delivering in a timely manner.
- Assist in performance management of team members reporting to this position.
- Assist with Annual BC Real Estate Trust audit.
- Administer reporting of all governmental and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to requests for property accounting information. Discern those items that need Controller action.
- Other duties as assigned by Controller.
- Review month end financials of assigned properties.
- Review bank reconciliation and ensure compliance with BC Real Estate Trust Laws.
- Compile and remit all PST filings and oversee and manage any PST related issues.
- Coordinate GST and other Regulatory filing as necessary.
- Design and manage Recovery & Year End process annually.
- Review Recovery and Year End files of assigned properties.
- Design & manage budget process annually.
- Review Budget files of assigned properties.
Internal Client Service
- Recruit, supervise, train and assist accounting staff as required.
- Liaise with Property Managers; provide assistance, training and feedback.
- Test, document and train on new modules in accounting system (Yardi).
External Client Service
- Liaise with clients.
- Assist in external audits of clients’ records.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a commercial property accounting environment is required.
- Minimum 3 years management experience with proven ability to manage and lead team members.
- Designated CGA or CMA is required.
- Familiarity with Yardi preferred but not required
- Independent, self-starter, team player.
- Able to effectively and efficiently multi-task; recognize and address important matters in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral communication skills; ability to draft clear and concise communication particularly in an electronic format.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with daily work challenges, time pressures and resource constraints.
- Experience in setting objectives and performance review systems of subordinates.
- Knowledge of MS office (strong Excel mandatory) and general knowledge of commercial property management accounting packages.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.