Accounts Payable Specialist (1563) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our downtown Toronto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the input and posting of vendor invoices for assigned Clients. This individual will ensure vendor invoices have been approved in accordance with the Authorization of Client Expenditure Policy. This individual will print cheques, attach applicable vendor invoices and obtain the required signatures prior to distribution. As a member of the Centralized Accounts Payable team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will conduct peer review of team members’ data input and act as backup for other team members.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Input and post vendor invoices in accounting system.
- Ensure vendor invoices are properly approved in accordance with the Authorization of Client Expenditures Policy.
- Attach applicable vendor invoices to weekly cheques, and submit to appropriate bank signatories for signature.
- Distribute or mail signed cheques in accordance with payment instructions.
- Process various recurring payables.
- Conduct peer review of team members’ data input.
- File vendor invoices and related documents weekly.
- Organize scanned vendor invoices and attach to applicable record in accounting program.
- Process chargeback for building expenses.
- Set up annual accounting files.
- Year-end archiving and boxing of office and accounting files for off-site storage.
- Act as backup for other team members.
- Other duties, as assigned by Accounts Payable Manager.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years accounting experience preferably in accounts payable; property management accounting experience an asset.
- Ability to handle high volume processing with attention to detail.
- Typing speed 60 wpm with high degree of accuracy.
- Independent, self-starter, team player.
- Ability to take initiative and deal effectively with situations; work well under pressure.
- Ability to take ownership of payables for assigned portfolio.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively and professionally in stressful situations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications and accounting systems; Yardi experience an asset.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.