Administrative Assistant (1414) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Downtown Toronto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for spending half of their day to provide proactive administrative support for the Property Manager (PM) and Senior Administrator (SPA). The remainder of the day will be dedicated to providing support to Accounting and Office Services.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Property Management Support
- Provides support to Senior Property Manager and Senior Property Administrator for all aspects of day-to-day management of assigned buildings in portfolio.
- Handles faxing, scanning and copying of invoices, etc.
- Codes all invoices and obtains necessary purchase order back-up for SPM approval.
- Provides tenant welcome and information packages and follows up on contact information.
- Handles invoice tracking and scanning.
- Tracks elevator licenses and provides copies to Building Operators.
- Maintains and updates tenant contact emergency lists, master tenant lists and contractor lists. Sets up new tenant files.
- Maintains office filing systems, including tenant lease files and building operations files (both hard-copy and electronically).
- New vendor management - sets up vendor accounts in Yardi for Eastern Region and serves as back-up for Western Region. Ensures appropriate documentation is received from vendors and approval signatures are obtained before uploading into Yardi.
- Handles special requests from Director of Vendor Management and Sourcing including bulk Vendor updates.
- Prepares weekly cheque runs for Eastern Region (2 per week). Provides back-up for Western Canada as required.
Office Services Support
- Picks up, opens and distributes mail.
- Handles all outgoing mail.
- Orders supplies.
- Sends couriers.
- Business or office experience, strong customer service skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires an excellent customer service approach to handle daily interactions.
- Exhibits high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete tasks under time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision/instructions provided
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.