Revenue Accountant (1671) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection and processing of tenant payments, manual tenant billings, and monitoring bank accounts. This individual will produce all receivable reports and meet regularly with operational staff and property accountants to assist with the analysis and resolution of tenant issues related to accounts receivable. In addition, the Revenue Accountant will assist the Controller and Property Accountants with month-end accounting and reporting tasks.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Update tenant EFT information into the system; generate and post EFT file for transmission.
- Process tenant payments for assigned properties; prepare and deliver bank deposits.
- Responsible to record and apply security deposits in accordance with lease documents.
- Process manual tenant billings (i.e. retro-active rent charges, chargebacks).
- Produce A/R reports and attend internal A/R meetings to provide status update on tenant arrears, collection actions taken to date, and discuss invoices as required.
- Support Property Accountants in the preparation and billing of year-end recovery adjustment calculations and tenant chargeback invoices.
- Review monthly sub-ledgers (i.e. tenant A/R aging, security deposits, prepaid rents) and reconcile to GL control accounts; resolve any differences with the Property Accountant.
- Support Property Accountants in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monitor bank accounts daily and reconcile with the general ledger; investigate and resolve discrepancies promptly; notify Property Manager immediately of NSF cheques.
- Responsible for initial tenant reminder calls for unpaid rents and recording communication notes in the system; escalate overdue accounts to the Property Manager for further action.
- Support Property Accountants and Controller with month-end accounting tasks such as preparation and input of journal entries, working papers, and preparation and distribution of reports as well as support audit requests as require.
- Post-secondary education with specialization in Accounting/Business.
- Actively pursuing accounting designation (i.e. CGA or CMA).
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience preferred; property management accounting experience an asset.
- Experience with Yardi would be considered as an asset but not required.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.