Property Manager (1384) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Property Manager to join our Downtown Toronto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Senior Property Manager with the management of a portfolio of properties on behalf of Colliers’ clients, including the operation, physical condition and financial performance of all buildings in accordance with applicable management contracts. In this role, the Property Manager will develop invaluable skills, knowledge, and relationships that are essential to grow into a more senior position within the property management group.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Client Relations/Client Reporting
- Maintain owner/tenant contacts and satisfaction through appropriate communication (visual, written and oral).
- Administer and ensure compliance of the terms of all tenant leases.
- Recommend rental levels by being familiar with marketplace and recommending to owner input on pricing.
- Prepare and submit annual operating and capital budgets for owner approval, including comments and assumptions for same.
- Review monthly financials and prepare comments for owners, recommend corrective action as necessary.
- Review receivables and contact tenants to collect rents in arrears.
- Control expense commitments and develop expenditure procedures to adhere to budget guidelines.
- Develop and maintain building procedures and supervise building operations, utilizing building staff as appropriate; conduct property inspections
- Develop and implement plans and procedures for property security.
- Develop and maintain long range plans (rehab/modernization), including maintaining knowledge on competing properties.
- Supervise all on-site personnel.
Service Contractors and Suppliers
- Negotiate with vendors for cost effective equipment and services including, but not limited to maintenance contracts, and supplies.
- Ensure that adequate inventories of operating and maintenance supplies are on hand.
- Minimum 3 years related property management experience with commercial properties, including retail, office and industrial.
- Continuing involvement with professional organizations such as BOMA, IREM, and ICSC.
- CPM, RPA, CSM designation preferred or working towards it.
- Excellent client relation skills both with owners and tenants.
- Independent, self-starter, team player. Excellent organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.