Solution Architect (1583) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our either our Vancouver or Toronto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the analysis and evaluation of business needs with the objective of implementing system and reporting solutions that enable the business processes. The Solution Architect will lead the team responsible for the development, deployment and support delivery to the user base. LINK is Colliers CRM and information management application based on MS CRM, it is a key application in the Client Value Stream. This role includes the identification and troubleshooting of any system, process, or data related issues with a focus on improving the use ability and system adoption. The incumbent will have accountability for the integration of LINK to other Colliers applications and be expected to have a solid understanding of those applications to design and implement the most effective solutions.
This role will collaborate with Colliers regional teams, IT and business line(s) to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve issues by recommending technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs. The incumbent is expected to understand and support strategic goals and/or objectives of the company’s initiatives ensuring every effort is made to accomplish the initiative within approved time frame, scope and budget.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the team in identifying and developing systems requirements for the development.
- Recommend business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients.
- Lead the analysis and planning related to data conversion and integration projects.
- Provide in-depth product (application & infrastructure) knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Develop detailed deployment plan(s) related to assigned deployments and provide day-to-day project management.
- Research and document sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle methodology utilizing reporting tools, requirements gathering methodologies, process models, data models and prototypes.
- Estimate activities required to perform requirements gathering and acceptance testing improving accuracy over time.
- Proactively identify and report on risks, issues and dependencies for the project.
- Manage user requests & delivery of new functions and changes.
- Lead the development of training and end-user support materials, including classroom materials, online support materials, job aids, and quick reference guides.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Business Analysis and project coordination with relevant experience within the disciplines of business analysis, project management, communication, facilitation and training.
- MS CRM certification (preferred) or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in application development and programming is required.
- Above average communication (verbal and written) with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively to all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced operating capability with MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of SQL.
- Previous CRM, Commercial Real estate industry and medium/large project experience will be considered as assets.
- Exposure to system internals, the knowledge of low level database programming languages.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills and encourages and supports leadership and growth in others.
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.