Accounts Payable Specialist (1412) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the input and posting of vendor invoices for assigned clients. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for printing cheques, attaching applicable vendor invoices, and obtaining the required signatures prior to distribution.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Input and post vendor invoices in the accounting system.
- Ensure vendor invoices are properly approved in accordance with the Authorization of Client Expenditures Policy.
- Print cheques, attach applicable vendor invoices, and submit to appropriate bank signatories for signature.
- Distribute or mail signed cheques in accordance with payment instructions.
- Process various recurring payables.
- File vendor invoices and related documents on a weekly basis.
- Organize scanned vendor invoices and attach to applicable record in accounting program.
- Process chargeback for building expenses.
- Set up annual accounting files.
- Conduct peer review of team members’ data input.
- Year-end archiving and boxing of office and accounting files for off-site storage.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years accounting experience preferably in accounts payable; property management accounting experience an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and accounting systems.
- Typing speed 60 wpm with high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with Yardi an asset.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.