Research Coordinator (1259) Calgary Region, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Research Coordinator to join our Calgary office (106 Ave SE / 48 Street SE). The successful candidate will be responsible for providing proactive assistance to brokerage staff in day-to-day information and research requests. The Research Coordinator is responsible for management of the industrial building database, market research, quarterly reporting and updates to the brokerage community.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the industrial database with inputting of updates for listings and transactions internally as well as from external brokerages.
- Produce the monthly exclusive listing report for the office as well as quarterly market reports.
- Conduct a variety of information searches (availability, tenant information, ownership, transaction information, zoning restrictions, etc.) utilizing internal and external resources.
- Assist data group in information collection and verification and entry into the database (e.g. take sales meeting notes, enter transaction information into database).
- Assist market analysts in complex research projects (e.g. market reports).
- Allow time for quality control to ensure that brokerage staff accurately report and analyze market conditions and adhere to corporate standards for the purpose of internal and external clientele decision making.
- Assist with the creation, design and distribution of research reports and collateral.
- Update and maintain up-to-date Industrial maps, national statistics and photo database.
- Participate in meetings of the research team and sales team.
- Travel between Downtown and Industrial offices may be required for training and presentation purposes.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a business or office environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office; Outlook, Word; PowerPoint; and especially strong skills in Excel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply operations such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Capable of creating a structured workflow in an unstructured environment utilizing a creative and solution-oriented approach to tasks.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.