Operations Manager (1441) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Operations Manager at Lansdowne Centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day operating requirements associated with a regional shopping centre. The position will oversee purchasing, budgeting, operations, tenant relations, marketing, and will execute on all operational requirements.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Act as first point of contact for all tenant related issues, ensure continuous communication with tenants as related to their business within the shopping centre.
- General oversight of day to day operational activities including repairs & maintenance, security and janitorial.
- Oversight of creative branding, marketing events, promotion fund budgets and marketing staff in conjunction with mandates set and approved by marketing committee. Co-ordination of and communication with tenant advisory committee.
- Management of on-site lease administration including supervision of rent collection, sales reporting and monitoring of tenant business health to maximize the success of their businesses and the investment of the Landlord.
- Enforcement of lease terms and shopping centre rules & regulations as needed.
- Budget input and preparation including review and coordination of input from various stakeholders with an overall objective of providing optimum service at lowest possible costs.
Reporting – regular and extraordinary reporting including but not limited to:
- Review and analysis of monthly financial, leasing and marketing statements to ensure accuracy.
- Review and analysis of variances in the operating, leasing and marketing budgets.
- Review and analysis of monthly receivables.
- Review and analysis of operational and marketing activities.
- Preparation, review and analysis of sales reports, bulletins and market data related to sales.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
- 4 – 6 years of related experience and/or training.
- Licensed Property Manager under the British Columbia Real Estate Council or prepared to undertake necessary steps to become licensed.
- CSM, CMD or CLS designation desirable.
- Ability to provide mentorship and encourage leadership and growth in others.
- Displays service excellence in dealing with internal and external clients and partners.
- Independent self-starter and team player with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze existing procedures/systems and/or teams and adapt to achieve maximum results and efficiencies.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, effectively handle stressful situations and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Mature individual who demonstrates patience, flexibility, reliability, loyalty and a healthy work/life balance. Must be able to work with strong personalities.
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.