Administrative Assistant - 1 Year Contract (1377) Victoria, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Property Management Assistant to join our Victoria office for a one year contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing proactive and efficient administrative, accounting and analytical support to the Property Management Group.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate, draft, and compile monthly client reports.
- Assist Property Managers in managing all aspects of tenant improvements, including initiation of paperwork processing for contracts and invoices, requesting and analyzing bids.
- Organize, regularly maintain and archive property portfolio files. Administer and update database information including contractor, client and tenant lists, and building list directories.
- Monitor tenant accounts receivable and follow-up with tenants via phone calls, letters and statements while keeping Property Managers apprised of the status.
- Consistently maintain property emergency books with current information, including vendor emergency list, tenant emergency list, employee emergency call down list, and emergency procedures.
- Assist with vendor set up in Yardi, requesting proper documentation, confirming in ComplyWorks, tracking to completion with Accounts Payable.
- Code property invoices for Accounts Payable.
- Assist with the preparation of annual project budgets and business plans.
- Assist Property Managers with obtaining supplier and contractor quotes, track contract renewal dates, and handle all non-Service Centre calls from tenants, suppliers, and contractors.
- Assist with reception coverage when scheduled and when requested.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in a business or office environment. Previous experience in the real estate industry an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required. Experience with Lotus Notes and Yardi an asset.
- Ability to type 70 WPM with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and math skills.
- General understanding of legal contracts, real estate terminology and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to draft, edit and format professional business correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively and pleasantly with stressful situations; excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to deliver customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.