Credit Account Specialist (57TL) Tampa, Florida
McNichols Company is North America’s leading supplier and fabricator ofmetal, expanded,wire mesh,architectural metalsand a variety ofgratingsproducts. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the company was established on his Christian values, high ethical standards and strong commitment to customer satisfaction. With metals service centers strategically placed from coast-to-coast, McNichols has a dedicated staff and communication network in place that can supply worldwide service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an articulate, creative and enthusiastic team player to join our team as a Credit Account Manager.
The candidate must have an extensive background in credit and collections, lien and bond experience, the ability to manage and coach individuals, excellent communication skills, strong accounting skills and the ability to make good credit decisions that support the company’s sales initiatives without incurring excessive risk of loss to the company.
Job Title: Credit Account Specialist
Reports to: Director of Customer Credit Solutions
- Monitor assigned accounts for past due balances and collectability.
- Contact delinquent customers by phone, e-mail, fax, mail or other means to address and resolve past due balances.
- Document activities in company databases.
- Approve customer orders on a timely basis and work with Sales to find solutions to those orders that need further review or consideration.
- Manage assigned AR exposure.
- Review new account applicants for credit worthiness.
- Work with local branch personnel to resolve customer disputes and pursue delinquent receivables and manage responsibilities with assigned CSA’s.
- Work with accounting to address and resolve issues related to taxation, cash application, NSF checks, credit card processing and more.
- Help Sales to validate and secure good credit risk customers.
- Recommend unresponsive accounts for further collection activity.
- Assist the Director of Customer Credit Solutions in all aspects of account management and special projects.
- Work hours of 9:00am to 6:00pm – may change to accommodate business needs.
Qualifications/ Ideal candidate profile:
- A BA in the fields of either Business, Accounting or Finance, a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in credit and collections management preferred or an Associate’s degree in these fields with 7 to 10 years’ experience in a similar role, and/or demonstrated proficiency commensurate with the position with 10 to 15 years of progressive credit, collection, accounts receivable, finance and customer service experience.
- Previous credit experience working as a supplier of materials to the construction industry is highly desirable.
- NACM certification or similar certifications applicable to the field of credit and collection are preferred.
- The ability to meet or exceed established credit and collection goals.
- Previous experience dealing with domestic and international customers as a supplier of construction industry related materials will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills including experience with financial statement analysis and other methods of determining customer solvency.
- The ability to negotiate with difficult if not abusive customers.
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel, WORD and other MSOffice products.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to influence others and gain their support in a professional manner through coaching, mentoring, teamwork and building a partnership.
- Experience working with collection agencies, skip tracers, attorneys and other forms of debt collection.
- Must be comfortable working with upper management and presenting proposals and analysis, both written and verbal, to CFO’s, CEO’s, VP’s, etc.
- Familiarity with J.D. Edwards E1 and Oracle On-Demand CRM.
- High ethical standards!
- A comfort background working with and interpreting core Credit metrics such as DSO, Bad Debt, AR Aging and more.
The candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach.
McNichols offers an extensive benefits package