Warehouse Associate (OSS1) (87TL) Garland, Texas
McNichols Company is North America’s leading supplier and fabricator ofmetal, expanded,wire mesh,architectural metalsand a variety ofgratingsproducts. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the company was established on his Christian values, high ethical standards and strong commitment to customer satisfaction. With metals service centers strategically placed from coast-to-coast, McNichols has a dedicated staff and communication network in place that can supply worldwide service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an articulate, creative and enthusiastic team player to join our team as a Warehouse Associate.
The position will internally service the customers by maintaining inventory through performing warehouse functionsincluding receiving, picking, pulling,carrying to pallets, staging, shrink wrapping, loading customer requests without damage or errors and shipping of material in a safe manner.
Job Title: Warehouse Associate. (OSS1)
Reports to: Operations Manager and/or Assistant Operations manager
- Processing all incoming material orders including, scanning barcodes and locations, storing items inwarehouse, downloading scanned information, investigating and resolving allmaterial discrepanciesand,closing outthe order.
- Loading and Handling material to and from the racks.
- Processing material retrieval orders including pulling the items, verifying item, closing services, manifesting all orders, bundling all orders and preparing for shipment to customer.
- Processing all internal moves including pulling material from one location and storing it in another location, investigating alldiscrepancies and closing all work orders.
- Process all required material, verifying it for accuracy, preparing it for shipping, investigating and resolving alldiscrepancies and closing all work orders.
- Research and resolveexceptions encountered during above processes and communicate difficult issues or problems to manager.
- Prepare and process allpaperwork necessary to accomplish the above processes.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment including,scanners, work station equipment,ladders, etc.
- Responsible for utilizing our Company proprietary software programs to collect requests and complete work orders.
- Observe safety procedures and report any safety issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Ideal candidate profile:
- 2 years pastwarehouse experience in a service industry and a team focused environment.
- Able to work in a physicallydemanding environment which includes climbing stairs, lifting materialweighing between 40-60 pounds.
- Experience in working in shipping and receiving.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to adhere to and enforce all security procedures.
- Ability to work in a production oriented environment and perform against establishedperformance standards.
- Basic hand tool knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Have basic math knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi task.
- Experience in dealing with ISO 9001:2008
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
The candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach.
McNichols offers an extensive benefits package