Field Sales Manager (88TL) Houston, Texas
McNichols Company is North America’s leading supplier and fabricator ofmetal, expanded,wire mesh,architectural metalsand a variety ofgratingsproducts. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the company was established on his Christian values, high ethical standards and strong commitment to customer satisfaction. With metals service centers strategically placed from coast-to-coast, McNichols has a dedicated staff and communication network in place that can supply worldwide service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an articulate, creative and enthusiastic Sale professional to join us as a Field Sales Manager. The candidate will have extensive experience in Outside sales and in the development of sales strategies supporting business segments. The ability to build rapport with potential and existing customers is vital.
- Prepare and execute sales strategy complete with actions plans for target specific accounts and/or market segments.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships with all levels of target accounts from President/CEO to receiving departments.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the competition and develop strategies to gain market share based on the opportunities presented from this analysis.
- Partner with customers to create individual solutions to their specific long term needs, goals and to help reduce their total costs.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and Develop sales programs to increase revenue from the aforementioned leads is expected
- Prepare sales presentations, cost models and bid proposals.
- Develop and maintain product and market knowledge to create sales opportunities and assessments.
- Prepare detailed call reports outline customer feedback and market Intel.
- Provide account management to existing customers verifying service/ product quality.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate Company staff.
- Communicate with inside sales staff to relay customer pricing and/ or servicing.
- Participate in marketing event such as trade shows.
- Other duties as directed by the District Manager.
Qualifications/ Ideal candidate profile:
- Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (e.g. Manufacturing, industrial distribution, B2B environment etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative in a sales environment.
- Experience with generating cost models, JIT programs, Rebate programs would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in complex selling with multiple buyers.
- Strong face to face sales techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail.
- A highly driven and enthusiastic sales professional.
- A proven record of negotiating and securing new business.
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure.
- College graduate (business preferred but not essential)
- Intermediate math skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office with the ability to type 40 WPM.
The candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach.
McNichols offers an extensive benefits package