Electrical Engineer (PCK593-8109) Regina, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer at our Regina or Saskatoon, SK location. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and integrating electrical and control/instrumentation standards for use on all major projects. Direct interaction with site expansion teams, operating personnel, and consulting companies to ensure that engineering work is performed in accordance with Mosaic’s processes, procedures, standards and all regulatory requirements. The scope includes all aspects from the design and construction phases through commissioning and final turnover of major capital projects. The individual will act as a technical resource for site electrical, control/instrumentation teams as required.
What will you be working on?
- Review of engineering work to ensure compliance with Mosaic processes, procedures, standards, and regulatory requirements. This will include field inspections at various stages of the project.
- Responsible for the development and integration of design standards on all major projects.
- Evaluation of new technologies for implementation in Mosaic standards.
- Act as a liaison between Mosaic personnel, consulting companies, and electrical utility (SaskPower).
- Provide technical support to site personnel based on engineering principles, industry and Mosaic standards.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering degree with a major in Electrical.
- Registered as a P. Eng with APEGS.
- 4-8 years of engineering experience in a large industrial facility including design of high, medium and low voltage industrial electrical systems.
- Preference for direct experience with mine power systems including underground distribution.
- Experience with specification and maintenance of field instrumentation, PLC and DCS control systems, and related programming will be an asset.
- Proficiency with standard office related software (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project) is required. Autocad, ETAP and EasyPower will be considered an asset.
- Requires strong leadership, communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and on a team.
- This position may require periodic integration into site based expansion teams. Duration of site visits will vary from one day to one week.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!