Senior Design Engineer (PCK593-7837) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate will work with Maintenance, Production, and Expansion to develop and maintain engineering standards. This will require collaboration with the Potash Business Unit to standardize design across sites. Focus will be on equipment design standards and specifications. The senior design engineer may be required to manage a portion of projects in the department along with the other senior project engineers. The engineer will have at least one direct engineering report to provide mentorship in engineering design and/or project management. The senior engineer will support production and maintenance by working with the team to achieve the strategic priorities of Mosaic.
What will you be working on?
- Design engineering – development/change management of design engineering standards and specifications.
- Project management.
- Department development – mentorship of junior engineering positions, development of drafting staff.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree majoring in mechanical, industrial systems preferred; other disciplines considered.
- Registered as P.Eng with APEGS.
- 5 years of experience in an industrial setting.
- Microsoft Office Suite, CAD, Maximo, Engineering software.
- The incumbent will display a positive attitude towards management, peers, and reports. They must exhibit strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships with all level of employees. Must have proven leadership abilities as well as being capable of handling confidential material in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated engineering design, project management and people leadership skills is an asset.
- Successful candidate will be well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to manage competing priorities, and self-motivation is a requirement. The candidate must be able to create certainty out of ambiguity and be comfortable working with a lack of data.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!