Refinery Production Superintendent (PCK593-8278) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Refinery Production Superintendent at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate is accountable for the management and direction of the refinery operations to ensure efficient production, development and execution of the refinery operating budget. Coordination of production personnel and facilitate development of new technology for the refinery process.
What will you be working on?
- Develop and implement refinery technology to increase overall productivity and quality.
- Responsible for production expenses and accommodating sustaining capital work.
- Manage resources and staff for day to day and week to week production functions. Includes increasing managerial effectiveness and understanding of the various production areas and the impact of maintenance.
- Participate in the recruitment, retention, coaching, and career development of staff.
- Ensure EH&S standard are being followed as indicated by position responsibilities listed below.
- Ensures facility is in compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Policy.
- Responsible for communicating on the status of compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate training of Mosaic Canada ULC personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring contractor groups working for Mosaic Canada ULC perform their responsibilities concerning Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting audits and ensuring reports complete safety audits, lockout audits, housekeeping tours housekeeping tours.
- Participates in the development of ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 objectives and targets.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree majoring in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical.
- Professional Engineer, registered in Saskatchewan Black Belt is an asset.
- 10 year's refinery and/or mining operations experience, maintenance experience as a Six Sigma Champion and/or Workout Team Leader preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Maximo.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, change leadership training is an asset; Six Sigma training is an asset.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!