Purchasing Agent (PCK593-7878) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Agent at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will perform local/regional buying for multiple locations as assigned. Implement select suppliers and ensure that buying practices comply with Mosaic Business Code of Conduct, departmental Policy and Procedures and Terms and Conditions of all Strategic Sourcing, Select Supplier and Alliance agreements. Manage supplier performance. Communicate, maintain, draft department policies & procedures. Provide support and act as a resource to the local facility in the preparation of various contracts including supplier agreements, Stipulated Sum agreements, Cost Plus Agreements, time and material agreements, and other sourcing contract types that the facility may require.
What will you be working on?
- Manage all aspects of the purchasing process for the site; onsite, spare parts, chemicals, MRO, leases, services and regional buying.
- Manage the implementation of and business relationship with Select and Alliance Suppliers that are used on site.
- Develop and analyze scorecard measures for the site and develop plans for improvements. Conduct training on site for management and hourly employees associated with procurement, materials management or supplier management. Facilitate automation initiatives.
- Communicate, draft, review annually, uphold and support all CMO’s, Standard Operating Procedures, ISO procedures and any other site/divisional procedures & policies.
- Manage supplier performance for site and support KPI tracking and reporting. Document corrective action and follow up on improvements in supplier performance. Support the Contractor Management Process.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What is required for this role?
- 5 years’ experience in procurement; experience in purchasing or inventory management. Project purchasing experience desirable.
- Bachelor Degree majoring in Procurement, Materials Management, Material Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- SCMP or Related Business Degree.
- Contract administration experience desirable.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures in the procurement and maintenance area Proficient with Computerized Purchasing.
- Strong problem solving, communication, people, and organization skills.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!