Process Engineer II (PCK593-8398) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer II at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The Process Engineer is responsible for mining and refinery process improvements, modeling and validation of refinery process changes, and assisting with scoping capital projects. They lead and contribute to site initiatives supporting our strategic priorities.
What will you be working on?
- Process improvement projects for both the minefield and refinery processes. Contribute to department and site goals by managing competing priorities and conducting the different phases of project management. Primary responsibilities can include process improvements and innovation, increasing production capabilities, safety and environmental stewardship, product quality improvements, and technical support for other departments/disciplines.
- Assist in the development and refinement of computer based production models for the minefield and refinery processes. Utilize the models to validate process improvements for the purpose of project prioritization. Support capital projects for the purpose of scoping and upfront engineering requirements.
- Lead and contribute to site initiatives and Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Systems requirements. This includes shift starts, safety audits, safety meetings, 5S, Management of Change, peer reviews, and other initiatives that support the strategic priorities of the business.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Systems.
- Registration as an E.I.T. or P.Eng with APEGS.
- 0-5 years practical engineering experience .
- Excel, Word, familiarity with engineering software.
- Employee requires strong leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The employee communicates with a wide distribution of personnel including top management, production, expansion and sustaining capital, research and development, quality control, accounting, and trades.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!