Quality Control Trainer (PCK593-7018) Belle Plaine, Canada
Job ID:5758 Position Description:
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Trainer at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate reports directly to the Quality Control Laboratory Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a training manual, instructing new and existing technologists on new or changing operating practices as well as ensuring all area standard operating procedures are in compliance with the EHSMS initiative. This position will also provide designate coverage for the QC Specialist or the QC Supervisor when required.
What will you be working on?
- Train new and existing employees on current and changing laboratory and safety procedures and practices. Maintain, update and track training and competency documentation. Provide progress updates of trainees to the Laboratory Supervisor and Quality Control Specialist.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Control training manual, training checklists and exams. Review and update training schedules up in Mockingbird with assistance of the Safety department.
- Monitor and update Standard Operating and Maintenance Procedures ensuring that EHSMS requirements are met.
- In the absence of the QC Specialist the QC trainer will be responsible for assigning overtime, allocation of bank time and vacation time, reconciliation of Kronos/HDManagments timecards and scheduling for the lab personnel.
- Routine QCL Bench Analyses.
What is required for this role?
- Grade 12/GED.
- Chemical Technology Diploma, Medical Technology Diploma or Bachelor of Science or related Degree.
- Experience in the Quality Control Lab environment at a Senior Technologist level. The incumbent must possess knowledge of mining processes and practices, a working knowledge of potash refining and processing technology and extensive experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills that will create a positive and dynamic team environment .
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!