Production Lead (PCK593-8147) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Production Lead at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate will be accountable for the management and direction of area operations to ensure efficient production, development and execution of the operating budget, coordination of production personnel and delivering high quality products to the end customers.
What will you be working on?
- Provide technical support to the process team to troubleshoot daily process/production issues utilizing technical skills and experience to ensure production metrics are met. Provide support to conserve energy and perform capacity debottlenecking of the area. Coordinate management of change initiatives stemming from the area or management.
- Manage resources and staff for day to day and week to week production functions. Communicate company objectives to employees, motivate subordinates to perform their jobs to the highest standards by leading by example. Coach and council subordinates and provide support and timely feedback.
- Accountable and responsible for setting and meeting cost targets. Plan short and long term sustaining maintenance and capital expenditures for the area and prioritize based on budget. Stay abreast of new technologies and assist process engineers in implementing those most beneficial to the area. Review historical maintenance projects and practices, monthly cost accounting reports and manage production and maintenance staff to ensure budget directives are met and plant maintenance is carried out with minimal impact to production.
- Actively promote safety program and ensure employees are working in a safe manner, following all safety programs and procedures. Implement engineering controls to improve safety issues. Ensure compliance all Environmental, Health and Safety and ISO standards are being followed.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree majoring in Mechanical/Industrial/Chemical.
- Knowledge of refinery operations, mentorship, leadership, effective communication skills, Continuous Improvement, budget accountability, maintenance workflow.
- MS Office, Maximo, Wonderware.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; change leadership training an asset; six sigma training an asset.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!