Production Geologist II (PCK593-8444) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Production Geologist II at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will be accountable for providing expertise on the safe execution of geological studies and related geotechnical analyses associated with mine development and long term strategy projects in the area of solution and conventional mining.
What will you be working on?
- Conducts geological interpretations based on underground mapping, drilling, geophysics and other geotechnical programs, as assigned in support of mine production and assigned special projects.
- Maintains an exchange of information with the geotechnical, mine engineering and production departments so that superiors and peers are immediately informed of progressive decisions.
- Plan activities to accomplish the delegated functions of the job in a safe and effective manner. Consults, advises and participates in the decision making processes of affected departments by utilizing all resources available.
- Assist in the procurement of mineral rights, exploration permits and mineral leases.
- Assess new information pertaining to safety and technology that will benefit the mine operations, and recommend new technological developments for implementation.
What is required for this role?
- Degree in Geological Sciences or Geological Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years related technical and field experience in the geosciences or geological engineering with an understanding of geological/geophysical principles as applied to mineral exploration and mapping.
- P. Eng. or P. Geo.
- Advanced understanding of personal computers and productivity/application software.
- Skilled in planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating and supervising assigned activities.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!