Environmental Manager (PCK593-9942) Colonsay, Canada
Are you our next Team Member? We are currently seeking an Environmental Manager at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing environmental programs, and providing technical environmental guidance to minimize environmental risks and maximize facility life and performance. Negotiate and interface with Federal, Provincial/State, and Local environmental regulatory agencies in support of Mosaic needs. Advocate for company and business unit needs with external stakeholders as required.
What will you be working on?
- Design and implement Environmental Health and Safety strategies to reduce facility risk and ensure that site operation is in compliance with regulatory and Mosaic requirements. This includes the management of engineering consultants, and completion of inspections in order to ensure compliance and to identify unsafe acts and emerging environmental issues.
- Complete facility regulatory compliance reports, decommissioning and reclamation, and the annual environmental report.
- Administer and supervise environmental project work (both expense and capital projects).
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to obtain approval for a broad spectrum of environmental projects.
- Provide assistance to the Director Environmental on various potash business unit environmental projects.
Position Requirements:What is required for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering/Science preferred but other Degrees will be considered.
- Relevant environmental experience. Experienced in the generation and implementation of EH&S regulatory compliance programs as they relate to the mining and industrial sectors is required. This includes detailed EH&S audit experience as a lead auditor, and the innate ability to identify unsafe acts and environmental stressors.
- Project management experience should include liaison between regulatory bodies, consultants and other industry representatives concerning a broad spectrum of environmental monitoring, containment systems, and remediation issues. Significant employee / project management experience is required.
- Professional Engineer strongly preferred. If not in place at the time of hire, it will be required within a period of time set by the Director.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- A comprehensive knowledge of EH&S Acts and
- Regulations is required to ensure employee safety, environmental protection and company compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, public speaking proficiency, and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!