Hoist/Shop General Foreman (PCK593-7751) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly
diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Hoist/Shop General Foreman at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Superintendent and will be responsible for supervision, operation and optimization of the hoisting system. The General Foreman will also be responsible for the management of the Machine Shop.
What will you be working on?
- Assumes responsibility and accountability of safety behaviours for self and others; creates awareness of unsafe and/or environmentally harmful behaviours within the organization; looks for opportunities to improve employee safety and awareness; ensures regulatory, corporate and site safety and environmental standards are being followed by conducting safety audits, risk assessments, housekeeping tours and reviewing safety work requests and supporting the appropriate EH&S policies and procedures.
- Support and coordination of maintenance/hoist supervisors in all aspects of their job scopes.
- Responsible for management and implementation of sustaining and expansion capital projects. Defines complete scope of work for projects and works with consultants, contractors, internal departments to ensure the execution of projects.
- Manage and direct maintenance activities. Responsible for implementation of asset health management tools such as PM, PDM, RCFA, and others. Implement workflow (planning and scheduling) standards and hold organization to the standards. Manage and motivate staff for development, advancement and high engagement.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Major in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Mining/Engineering Technologist or Industrial/ Heavy Duty Mechanic Ticket.
- Minimum five years operating and/or supervisory experience required.
- MS Office, Internet based monitoring systems, computerized maintenance management Systems, KRONOS or similar system.
- Fosters teamwork and communicates outcomes, expectations and common goals across the work unit.
- Leverages employee knowledge to develop alternate solutions and shares key learnings with others.
- Holds self accountable to commitments while utilizing the appropriate resources to meet goals.
- Identifies new ideas and solutions, makes recommendations and creates implementation plans within own area.
- Knowledge of Mosaic's global business and articulates the link between local and global markets.
- Able to communicate the Mosaic vision across businesses, geographies and cultures.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!