Financial Analyst (PCK593-7748) Regina, Canada
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst at our Regina, SK location. The successful candidate will provide critical decision support to help Mosaic evaluate major capital projects and will participate in the analysis and review of major capital projects and in coordinating projects through the capital governance process. Additional responsibilities will include participating in the corporate budgeting and forecasting process; participating in the corporate performance management process; preparing the monthly capital reforecast; and providing other capital reporting as required.
What will you be working on?
- Provide constructive challenge and analysis to assist senior management in assessing the viability of capital projects, investment opportunities and purchase decisions. Coordinate projects through Mosaic’s capital governance process and assist with post implementation reviews of major capital projects.
- Participate in the coordination and consolidation regular monthly capital expenditure reforecast information and provide capital reporting information as required for various stakeholders across Mosaic.
- Provide support for capital budgeting and long term planning activities. This position will provide analytical support to the ongoing rack and stack process for prioritizing and allocating capital.
- Administer and maintain electronic capital request evaluation models along with perform administrator role for the Capital Cost Management Reporting System. Serve as a key resource for providing user training on both the electronic system as well as with all aspects of the capital request evaluation process, tools and forms.
- Participate in special projects and analysis as required within any area of focus for the FP&A department.
- Administer, update and analyze corporate performance metrics relating to capital and assist with the reporting of capital expenditure performance as required for Mosaic performance management process. Participate in the development of standards and metrics that can be used to assess performance across various internal and external benchmarks.
Position Requirements:What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Commerce/Administration or Bachelor of Economics required. Major in Accounting/Finance.
- Those candidates with an (or working toward) an Accounting Designation (CMA, CGA, CA) are preferred.
- 3+ years of finance experience.
- Experience in evaluating capital investment decisions is preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong understanding of financial management principles and methods.
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- SAP or other ERP system experience/knowledge preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making and prioritization skills.
- Willing to take risks and be innovative.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!